Assassination Vacation
April 20, 2024, 08:06:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Goodbye AVCTF, hello AV R/S!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

AV practice means AV memebers

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: AV practice means AV memebers  (Read 1633 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 04:36:18 pm »

yay

yes, I do!

ps: Yeah, the term "AV Practice" may have been somewhat confusing to some people. What we (dizzy and i) mean by it is a practice held in the hizzle.

Yup.  Well the format has been tweaked and is always being tweaked to try new things and keep pace with the actual reality of the clan's needs.  You might notice that about a month ago I stopped calling it Practice in the xfire calendar and started calling it Intraclan/Scrimhunt.  But, eh, even though it can be kind of a misnomer at this point, calling it Practice still kind of covers it.  Training, or Strategy Drills, would be more private.

In the end, the major value of Practices as I see it is mainly just to get a bunch of AV people all playing at the same time.  It's important that you guys have a venue where you get to meet and get to know each other, both for the sake of building interpersonal strength as well as building a sense of each others' capabilities.  This is also where the Leaders and Captains get a chance specifically to watch the team players and stay on top of who is kicking the most ass and who might need some special training in certain subjects.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum