Assassination Vacation
March 28, 2024, 03:07:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All members must have xFire!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

AV practice means AV memebers

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: AV practice means AV memebers  (Read 1596 times)
shank
Danko

Pray for plagues

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 07:07:45 pm »

ur guyses posts are so **** long....
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged
ShazMan
Friend of /\\/
Srg Mac

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 08:35:15 pm »

ok dude why dont u go read my posts again and chill out. spying is just one of my arguments why it should be AV's only. there are people who cheat in this world dude. for instance, ive told Dizzy some info on DO that they let slip.

why u getting so hype man? when ur around for next practice u go ahead and organize who's in and who's specing, but if we have a problem were gonna fix it, not "suck it up". thats like your house getting robbed and you dont do **** about it.

lets post some logical thoughts here not some irrational tyrant crap.

Jesus christ, you're awful! You have like two arguments, SPYING (absolutely absurd) and AV MEMBERS WANT TO PLAY.

To address the first, I think you're just batshit insane to think that people go around just to steal tactics and to benefit themselves. Of course, YOU are an exception, considering you just admitted and proved to me that you're a sly weasel who goes around being a fag just to benefit yourself and TO WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN.

To address the second argument, it's PERFECTLY alright if non-AVs play in practices. It will not only enrich our clan relations, but give us a chance to experience playing with new people. If you've been playing for a few rounds, and a non-AV shows up wanting to play, you should forfeit your spot and give them a chance! On the other hand, if non-AV are playing and YOU want to play, assert your **** authority and tell them to spec!

ps. your analogy about the house is just ridiculous, your house being robbed is in no way comparable to VIDEO GAME ARGUMENTS.

For the record, I'm surprised that you guys didn't take care of it IN GAME. Why didn't you? Because of Dizzy's rational point of view? I'm thinking so!

If you see a problem with non-AV's in practices, you might as well get the **** out since that policy is NOT changing.

Shinobi
Roach

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 10:47:22 pm »

I have stolen all your secrets. I shall now use them against you and obliterate your very beings. Fear me and my superb spying abilities.

I doubt anyone who plays in the AV server is a spy. Mainly because everyone likes Dizzy and thusly is friends with the people in AV. :3 

Furthermore, winning is the soul source of fun to most people, Shazzy. Myself included. I love to win. I love to win a lot. But what I really love is to play well. If I play well, and still lose, I'll just gain respect for the opponents and be happy and move on. But, if I play poorly and lose. Well, then I become pissy. Winning is a good thing. Not to be overlooked. Some people may be all "WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN", but that's because it is DAMN fun to win. Some people just don't enjoy the simpler things in the game, like making friends and chillin'.

Just an outsider butting in on clan affairs. I'll be on my way now.

ShazMan
Friend of /\\/
Srg Mac

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:17 pm »

Yeah I understand what you mean.

Winning at all costs is just unnecessary though. Winning WITH FUN is nice :]

Meaning, I'd rather win with fair play and with my own skills than with stolen info etc.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:59:43 pm by ShazMan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Criminal
/\\/ Member
Danko

:D!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 01:25:11 am »

ok dudes dont read this unless u read it to understand my perspective, and not read it to find some way to flame me
everything ive said and about to say has and will disprove how it is mentioned i strive to WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN!!!

what i told dizzy about DO was that they have a expert in almost every gun. Is that being a sly weasel who goes around being a fag just to benefit yourself?

.......no, not a big deal, so stop feeding on it

sure, lets say that spying is an outrageous argument that would never ever EVER happen because we are all children of god and every one of us is fair and equal. to think any of us would take another's strategies is a preposterous idea and anyone who purposes it is the devil and must be flamed. obviously extremely exaggerated  Grin but u get my point: we will put aside the reason spying

i still have more valid arguments that you would notice if you read my posts:
1. AV practices are for AV to practice (as the name implies duh)
2. AV member is priority #1 next to non-AV member
3. The Hizzle is an AV server
4. non-AV's can practice, play, chill and have fun, hangout, show off, self improve, and what ever else they want in the Hizzle when ever they
want! I SUPPORT IT! Just then its AV practice time (like for 1 - 2 hours wed, thurs, fri, and sat i think are the days) then its AV's only.
5. Too get organized with our clan, you must practice with your clan

reason #4 is the reason u guys keep over looking in all my posts. its not like i want non-AV's to never come in to the Hizzle!
To address the second argument, it's PERFECTLY alright if non-AVs play in practices. It will not only enrich our clan relations, but give us a chance to experience playing with new people.
I totally agree and i think that your right it is very good for our clan, their clans, every member of the clans, and for soldat overall! but not in AV practice. AV practice is a time for AV members to get organized with each other and for AV to improve. thats the definition of practice anyways. its just not logical for non-AV's to be in AV practice.

one a side note: i dont respect how your coming at me shaz
you're a sly weasel who goes around being a fag just to benefit yourself
just..... chillax.....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 01:40:40 am by Criminal » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

remember to wipe
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 02:16:52 am »

I think you are wrong, Criminal.

Most AV practices have been huge successes, extremely active and beneficial precisely because we permit outsiders in.

Everything you're saying sounds exactly correct, right and logical... on paper.  It's exactly the point of view I started with when I began running practices, and then reality started setting in.  6 AV don't show up on time, so now we have no 3v3... what would you like to do, call it a night, say 'hey guys better luck next week!'... in this case you know what happens?  EVEN FEWER AV show up for the next week.

Once we started letting outsiders in, practices started JUMPING.  Tons of AV people show up reliably every practice and why?  Because they KNOW that there will be games, and good ones.  Don't think of it so much as a private training session, think of it as a semiprivate party where at any given time it will be 80-100% AV, Captains and Leaders are specifically watching people for how far they have improved in the last week, collecting information so that they can make their CW team judgment calls.  It's like a pub except everyone knows everyone.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 04:08:05 am by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
Shinobi
Roach

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 02:23:45 pm »

...is the devil and must be flamed.

It's the devil. He lives in fire. Flaming would be ineffective. Get some cold water, or somethin'. That oughta work.

shank
Danko

Pray for plagues

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 02:24:56 pm »

i have no opinion in this maybe we should take a vote tho
ShazMan
Friend of /\\/
Srg Mac

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 07:35:27 pm »

I AM THE LAW OF THIS LAND

And I declare that our policy remains unchanged about this subject.

Criminal
/\\/ Member
Danko

:D!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 07:39:07 pm »

...is the devil and must be flamed.

It's the devil. He lives in fire. Flaming would be ineffective. Get some cold water, or somethin'. That oughta work.
that is a very valid statement and i will take this under heavy consideration xD

Shank, this is a vote, we are voting on this. whats your opinion?

Dizzy, what u say sounds very true and if it is then practices should go on like they have been. the key is the words in which you describe it. it is very important to everything that the words to say something are the correct words. calling the practices "AV practice" has a very different meaning to "Open Practice" which is what is should be called. calling it an AV practice confused many people, which is shown throughout this whole thread. Words are taken seriously and shouldn't be regarded as something unimportant. Just by calling the practices "Open Practice" or simply "Practice" instead of what now are "AV practices", this whole issue can be settled.

i feel that Open Practice with all of Dizzy's rules on non-AV's coming to play valid and in place, and that Open Practice would have a better experience then a strict AV Practice.

does every one see this as the logical, rational, and best solution to the whole issue?

remember to wipe
ShazMan
Friend of /\\/
Srg Mac

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 07:43:22 pm »

yay

yes, I do!

ps: Yeah, the term "AV Practice" may have been somewhat confusing to some people. What we (dizzy and i) mean by it is a practice held in the hizzle.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:49:52 pm by ShazMan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

tsukan
/\\/ Captain
Danko

Oh noes! Teh purplez

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 09:14:28 pm »

Yay, an agreement based on paying attention and respecting the merits of each other's opinions!

Tsukan

Can I have my foot back?
~Waffle
I may not agree with a single word you say, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.
~Voltair
Seriously? A bit random.
shank
Danko

Pray for plagues

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 01:52:27 pm »

every time we have a practice i gotta do something in real life -_- dont go thinking im not interested cuz im trying!
PrettyPrincess
Roach

allergic to england

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 03:41:33 pm »

Yeah honestly you all pick the worst times to practice
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 04:36:18 pm »

yay

yes, I do!

ps: Yeah, the term "AV Practice" may have been somewhat confusing to some people. What we (dizzy and i) mean by it is a practice held in the hizzle.

Yup.  Well the format has been tweaked and is always being tweaked to try new things and keep pace with the actual reality of the clan's needs.  You might notice that about a month ago I stopped calling it Practice in the xfire calendar and started calling it Intraclan/Scrimhunt.  But, eh, even though it can be kind of a misnomer at this point, calling it Practice still kind of covers it.  Training, or Strategy Drills, would be more private.

In the end, the major value of Practices as I see it is mainly just to get a bunch of AV people all playing at the same time.  It's important that you guys have a venue where you get to meet and get to know each other, both for the sake of building interpersonal strength as well as building a sense of each others' capabilities.  This is also where the Leaders and Captains get a chance specifically to watch the team players and stay on top of who is kicking the most ass and who might need some special training in certain subjects.

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum