Assassination Vacation
March 29, 2024, 09:28:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Goodbye AVCTF, hello AV R/S!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

vs BLAK - Win x1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vs BLAK - Win x1  (Read 595 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:17:05 am »

Excellent work and seriously, the first Real Win for our team in my opinion.

AV map Myst Tie 0/0

Shaz, Karro, Dizzy... held the line and played aggressive, smart TW... although we failed to cap i think we grabbed 2x, and spent a lot more of our time on their side of the map then they did on ours.  We definitely kept the pressure on them and made them sweat it early in the game.  When they grabbed our bunker it never last more than a few seconds, when we grabbed theirs it lasted 10-20 seconds on average.  A few scary moments were provided by BLAK, but since we were all on Vent we all knew what was going on at any given moment and I think this was Key to our successful Myst defense.

BLAK map Win ColdMorning 1/0

Shaz, Karro, Braco - A tough decision for Dizzy.  The only time AV ever got PWNED is the one time I chose not to play, so I was really hesitant about letting my team go forward without me, especially on a map that had been chosen by the enemy, and a map that AV has never played in a CW, or even practiced as a team.  Still, since we had won the Tie already on Myst, I knew that it would go to Glory in the end, and I decided that I would be best used on Glory if I had a break from the action.  Karro with the cap,

TB map Gloryhill Tie 1/1

Dizzy, Shaz, Braco/Karro.  We knew we had them now.  BLAK would need +1 cap to tie and +2 caps to win.  Since we'd had them wholly on the defensive in the previous 2 maps, the advantage was ours, both by points and also psychologically.  All of us on Vent, we were offensive overall but quick to turtle when our lines were broken.  It went touch-and-go at several points, in particular BLAK mounted some amazing three man offenses on our flag three times, but our endzone training paid off, and BLAK walked off with only the 1 cap on this map.  Not enough to tie, although their cap would have tied it if Braco hadn't ninja'd our own cap previously.

Glory was NOT easy however.  Once, Braco sniped an EFC with an amazing shot to prevent a cap.  Once, Shazman, completely alone and FAR behind enemy lines and with no hope of support, prevented a cap against considerable odds.  Both are hereby promoted to the rank of TW Veteran, a rank that can only be achieved in AV by snatching victory from seeming defeat.  By no other means can an AV achieve this status.  Congratulate them.  Respect them.  Learn from them.

Nuff sed.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 02:43:17 pm by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

braco1127
Danko

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 12:26:49 am »

We playes amazingy
ive never seen av play better as a team and individually than we did 2day
i congradulate each and every person that participated and hope we get more victories like these
good job team
great work
practises paid off big time

(**** sorry i keep hitting the edit button instead of reply (too used to other forum layouts))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 01:14:30 am by ShazMan » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

ShazMan
Friend of /\\/
Srg Mac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 01:15:52 am »

holy **** dizzy

that is a BADASS rank

(really, nice work throughout the match. AMAZINGLY pulled off and outstanding teamwork from all the AV members.)
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Karro
Srg Mac

Uhh, win?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:41:04 pm »

Dizzy, you must be confused, I'm the one who capped on CM, Braco got the cap on glory Tongue

oh yeah, and Braco sniped the EFC, not me xD

Yeah, and they were getting pissed when shaz was pwning them XD
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 02:01:20 pm by Karro » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

Yeah.
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:44:24 pm »

Dizzy, you must be confused, I'm the one who capped on CM, Braco got the cap on glory Tongue

oh yeah, and Braco sniped the EFC, not me xD

Yeah, and they were getting pissed when shaz was pwning them XD

Thanks for the corrections, fixed and added screens in the above post.  You can still be a Veteran, Karro  Grin Sorry there's no candy with that rank, just all of our respect.

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
Karro
Srg Mac

Uhh, win?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 03:39:19 pm »

Aww...but I like candy!  Grin Sounds like it'll be fun Cheesy

Yeah.
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 02:51:35 pm »

BLAK is asking us to discount this match and here's why:

Apparently the weapon balance used in TW Pubs is NOT the same as default realistic weapon balance.  I didn't know this until now. 

None of them are claiming that we did it on purpose or were aware of the difference.  I did hear out their argument and gave it some good consideration and done some homework and consulted several people over the matter. 

It doesn't hold up in my opinion.  If they want to throw out the match on their end over this technicality, I suppose that's their prerogative, but the match stands in AV records.  Also, although I'm renowned for giving people the benefit of the doubt in these kind of things, I can't honestly say that I believe they are being sincere in their complaint.  Just my feeling.

Further, I haven't YET found any reason that we need to switch over to eC weapon balance on the hizzle.  DO doesn't use it, as far as I know nobody does, for CW's.  I'm still looking into it.  We'll open a discussion thread on the differences elsewhere, but from what I am told so far they are very minor.

It would be good though to let Enemy Clans know what balance to expect when fighting CW's on the hizzle.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 02:54:05 pm by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

xfire - todhostetler
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 02:56:35 pm »

Also in regards to BLAK please be aware that their members include Espadon, Acheron, and Gippal.  It's essentially a splinter from DO with all the members using alternate names.

xfire - todhostetler
braco1127
Danko

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 09:04:31 pm »

Glory was NOT easy however.  Once, Braco sniped an EFC with an amazing shot to prevent a cap.  Once, Shazman, completely alone and FAR behind enemy lines and with no hope of support, prevented a cap against considerable odds.  Both are hereby promoted to the rank of TW Veteran, a rank that can only be achieved in AV by snatching victory from seeming defeat.  By no other means can an AV achieve this status.  Congratulate them.  Respect them.  Learn from them.

Nuff sed.

wow its an honour thanks diz
good job shaz an karro
man we play good together

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum