Assassination Vacation
April 19, 2024, 03:32:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: All members must have xFire!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

Blood of Heroes

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood of Heroes  (Read 134 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2007, 01:19:28 am »

Dizzy's all-time-favorite movie that nobody has ever heard of.

It's a post-apocalyptic piece (Dizzy loves teh Mad Max and teh Waterworld and teh Postman lol) but get this... it's about FOOTBALL.  Like, how they would keep playing sports in the Post-Apocalyptic age.  Well, they play with a dogskull and the object is to get the dogskull stuck on a stake in your team's side.  It's a 5v5 game, and the 'Quick' is the unarmed player that is the only player allowed to touch the skull, the other 4 players are armed with various implements, there's a 'Goalie' who is allowed a whip or chain, the 'Midfielders' use clubs and a 'Center' who usually is allowed any weapon.  Well, one of the cool things about Blood of Heroes is that, you can tell that there's rules to the game, but you can also see that people basically are using what they have at hand (it being a post-apocalyptic age and all) so there's some wiggle room granted.

Anyways... if you have Netflix or access to a local videostore, I just can't recommend this movie highly enough.  It's so **** CTF, man.  Check my sig, if you don't believe that I LIVE my Soldat life based on Blood of Heroes.  Many of my taunts ie 'Can't pass an old man?' are total Blood of Heroes references.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/

Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Captain
Danko

War calls for insturments.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:49:08 pm »

I did watch it before  Grin

After reading dog skull I remembered, I would give this movie a  Huh 4/5.

Star Troopers=5/5    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

"In peace the sons bury their fathers, but in war the fathers bury their sons." -Croesus
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum