Assassination Vacation
March 28, 2024, 07:18:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Goodbye AVCTF, hello AV R/S!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

Trenchwars Gather is live!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trenchwars Gather is live!  (Read 284 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:09:42 pm »

tw.gather @ quakenet

Uses sna.gather rules.  3v3, bot assigns teams.  Best of 3 rounds @ 10 minutes each.  Bot chooses the starting map at random, winner of 1st round chooses 2nd map, loser of 1st map chooses 3rd map if necessary. 

Features: 
 - all eC standard pub maps + tw_Verdun, tw_Junkyard, tw_limbo
 - Domination scoring but currently this is just for FUN, if there are too many complaints about tied games we will consider making it a tiebreaking factor for rounds.
 - !pause, !unpause, !restart, !map, !maplist, !commands

Credits:
 - IQ Unlimited and jrgp for configuring mar77a's bot source to the IRC channel, Dizzy for providing and configuring the server.

It is a WELL-KNOWN fact that the tw community has not yet embraced IRC the way the rest of the pro soldat community has, so it may take some time for this channel to really take off.  For that, we need you!  Get on, get other people on, make yourselves a clan channel on IRC!

IN ADDITION PLEASE ADVERTISE THIS ON ANY FORUMS OR IRC CHANNELS WHERE YOU THINK IT WILL HELP BUILD AWARENESS THANK YOU!!!!!

Having more of the TW community on IRC will be good for all of us.  It will be a snowball-effect, the more of us on IRC then the more useful IRC will be for us.  Having a tw.gather channel is a great starting point for this effort, since it makes for a really good place for all of us TW'ers to hang out and get some games going.

Get to work!  We have led you to water, now drink up!  Also (plug) visit us at http://www.createforum.com/trenchwars, most updates to this project will be posted there not necessarily here at sf.

Don't know what IRC is?  Ask around a bit.  Or look in your \Soldat\Soldat\Manual\Guides folder for a very easy quick guide to the wonderful world of quakenet.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 11:53:10 pm »

This week's TW practices are CANCELED, instead I want all of us on tw.gather and helping to get that channel populated and live.  Great opportunity for you to get on IRC for the first time, if you haven't before.

Also a really good opportunity for all of us to help build the tw community to the next level, so please get out there and encourage everyone you can to get on this channel, and save it as a fave.  Let's try to make one really big push to make it work.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 11:59:30 pm by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:51:26 pm »

TW Gather is dead.  Sometime later in the year we will make another effort.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

xfire - todhostetler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum