Assassination Vacation
March 28, 2024, 10:35:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Goodbye AVCTF, hello AV R/S!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

Rules of AV - Matches

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules of AV - Matches  (Read 481 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2007, 02:45:51 pm »

CW
Clan War, official.  Any league match is by definition a CW.  Subbing from outside the clan(s) is not allowed in CW's.  A Leader or Captain of AV must be present and approve the match as a CW or it's unofficial (ie Scrim or FCW). 

- CW match rules (CTF).  It is customary in CTFCW's that they usually follow the rules used in whatever the current big League season is.  Right now that is TNL.  In the off-season, it is usually customary to follow the current sna.gather rules.  The Captain should make sure he and the enemy team leader agree on what rules are being used, mostly in the area of map selection.  (Shaz could you plz update this segment?)

- CW match rules (TW). Although we are generally open to negotiation with enemy clans on TWCW rules, our default preference is:  Best of 3 by caps, Gloryhill is TieBreaker map and is played LAST.  Ties are broken by total caps across the entire match.  Default is Gloryhill and is played LAST.  Default Realistic weapon balance is used.  4v4's are currently preferred for TWCW's although 3v3's are acceptable.  2v2 CW's are NOT EVER approved for AVTW.  Each side picks a map and we usually encourage that the maps are known by each side in advance of the match.  Side is chosen in advance and remains the same for the entire match.  When Enemy Clans agree to use our server for the CW, we usually grant them side choice and first map choice.  Contrarily, we request this privilege when fighting on their servers.  Other settings should match eC servers by default, except where otherwise negotiated. 

FCW / Scrim
Different words, same thing.  Any unofficial match.  Subbing from outside the clan(s) is OK.  Anybody can arrange an FCW, and anybody can play in it.  FCW results should not be documented publically on either clan's forums.

- FCW match rules (CTF). Can be anything, really.  For fun matches I usually recommend this set of AV house rules though:  Each clan picks a map.  Cointoss to see which map gets played first.  Tiebreaker = Laos (maybe Voland if the other clan prefers that).

- FCW match rules (TW).
For TW FCW's there is no 'best of 3'.  Play it one map at a time to 20 minutes, and trade map selection between clans until people get tired of playing and go home.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 10:20:42 pm by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:09:08 pm »

Updated with our preferred default TWCW rules above.
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
braco1127
/\\/ Captain
Danko

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 06:37:06 pm »

Great rules nothing ne of us wouldnt follow eather way

soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 05:21:38 pm »

I do need to update the original post above and I'll probably edit this in, but for now:

Lately, I've been feeling bad that we end up having more people show up for TW CW's than we really need.  It's getting harder and harder for me to pick the team, not only because there are so many deserving out there, but also with the uncertainty of knowing exactly who's going to show up, it makes it complicated and quite a bit of running around for me.  In order to both streamline and 'even out' the process, I propose the following:

- Posting a reply in the CW announcement thread is definitely a good way to improve your chances of being picked and it also helps me out a lot.  Whenever possible I'll try to revisit the thread at least 24 hours before and let each person that posted know YES, NO, or MAYBE.

- Showing up 15 minutes beforehand in the AV Chatroom is also a really good idea.  I'd like to be able to make the final team decisions within that timeframe which should work out better for me and for everyone else as well.  If you can allot just that much time to 'waiting' around, then I think it will help cut down on the potential for disappointment, uncertainty, and generally me running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what my 'pool' of available talent is.

Well, anyways, let's try it.

xfire - todhostetler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum