Assassination Vacation
April 19, 2024, 12:50:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Goodbye AVCTF, hello AV R/S!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Members Login Register  

vs IM In Memory - LOSS x1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: vs IM In Memory - LOSS x1  (Read 435 times)
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2007, 01:23:00 am »

LOSS 0913

Eh, it was pretty bad... details to come.  7-0 on two maps.  We won't be fighting IM again for at least a month, we need more time and training and getting to know each others styles.

For those that fought under the AV banner tonight... Ecko, Braco, Wolf, Captain.  I salute each and every one of you for good effort.  This team needs work, so let's get working. 

Challenger: ~{IM}~

Final Result:
7-0 for ~{IM}~

Round One: tw_Gloryhill
5-0 for ~{IM}~

Round Two: tw_Myst
2-0 for ~{IM}~

« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 02:07:41 pm by soldatdizzy » Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ecko
/\\/ Member
Danko

Noob Ecko xD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:03:47 pm »

Yes Sir
i shall keep my training up as best as i could
Report Spam   Report to moderator   Logged

soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:12:09 am »

And, actually the 5 cap limit came as a surprise to me.  However, it probably worked in our favor (ie prevented further humiliation) so i accepted it.  Thinking on it further, I think its a very good rule and from here on out AV officially endorses a 5 cap limit per round.

Normally, we would always play 3 rounds (there is NO 'best-of-3' in TW!!!) but when IM pointed out that they had 7-0 and we could at best make it 7-5 by playing the 3rd round, i made the decision to concede.

That said... I have decided that I want to make a major push for TW clans to fight Glory LAST not FIRST.  The first reason is that this means that both clans get to play the maps they have chosen, and show their skills and hopefully the training they have done on their map of choice.  Also, now that I've been in a few CW's, it is clear to me that Gloryhill is the most high-cap map there is.  This is clearly demonstrated by all of our previous CW's, but for the moment I will use our RE fight as an example:

RE chooses Anoxi... it is their map and they manage to eek 1 cap out of it.  Good for RE.
AV chooses Myst... it is our map and we manage to keep it at 0-0.  OK, not great for AV, but good.
Default Gloryhill... now RE has a +1 cap advantage against AV based on the previous two rounds.  We have already played our (each clan's) map of choice.  So on the high capping, highly balanced and OVERALL THE TW COMMUNITY'S DEFAULT MAP OF CHOICE becomes the place where everything is decided, almost in all conceivable CW's.

I am 100% sure that this is how it should be, both for maximum fun and maximum fairness.  Gloryhill should be the 'bonus round', the 'wheel spin', the map where everything can change.  The first two maps should only determine the 'handicap' for the two battling clans, Gloryhill should be the determiner.

'I'd do anything to win.  But I never hurt anyone except to put a **** dogskull on a **** stake' - Gonzo, Blood of Heroes

xfire - todhostetler
soldatdizzy
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 03:08:42 pm »

Added the pics, also if you haven't read it already my Analysis of the gloryhill loss (****?) is at http://av.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,68.0.html

xfire - todhostetler
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum